Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something in the Mailbox

Such a happy morning!

To get to my happy job, I have the most pleasant 15 minute walk.  Veazey Street is lovely this time of year with pink crepe myrtals and butterflies hovering on the bushes.  Usually I walk on my side of the street, unless I have a letter to mail in the corner box or a book to return in the library bin.  Today I needed to do the latter, which gave me a chance to walk through hip high basil plants and lush scented boxwoods.  Such a happy morning!  Tra la la-ing my way through my happy happy life. 

I have an imaginary conversation with Fern.  Her New Year's resolution was to keep in better touch with her friends, and I'm the happy recipient of that resolve.  My New Year's resolution is the keep a cleaner house.  Well...ahem... I think there's still time.  It's only September. 

Tra la la such a happy morning.  Thinking all my happy happy thoughts.  So many happy things to think about that I don't think about what my hands are doing when they open the blue metal mail box and thump my library book to the bottom.

9 comments:

  1. Tra la la - did you put your library book in the mail box by mistake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! Diane what is the secret to happiness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live on Veazey street too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same question as StevieB. Why are you mailing your library book?
    Veazy street is Headquarters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veazey street rocks!

    (from Andrea, who can't figure out how to get a name for posting in your blogosphere)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! did the post office ever return the book to the library for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to call the post office, but they don't seem to have a telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no.

    I think I have overdue items, now that you mention it

    ReplyDelete